City & Guilds Safe use of Pesticides: Self-Propelled, Mounted, Trailed Horizontal Boom Sprayers PA2a
The Code of Practice for Using Plant Protection Products states “By Law everyone who uses pesticides professionally must have received adequate training in using pesticides safely”. Obtaining a Certificate of Competence is the best way of demonstrating that you are trained to use pesticides. Anyone who uses a professional pesticide product should not use that pesticide or give instruction to others on its use unless they have received adequate instruction, training and guidance in its correct use. Anyone who is required to hold a Certificate of Competence can only use pesticides without a Certificate if they are supervised for the purposes of being trained by someone who does hold a certificate.
This applicator tests is for those applying pesticides using self-propelled, mounted, trailed horizontal boom sprayers. The assessment will be a practical based assessment carried out by an approved City & Guilds assessor.
• Know the legislative and safety regulations relating to application equipment
• Be able to assess the environmental factors relating to the mixing and application site
• Be able to read and interpret product information
• Be able to prepare and calibrate the applicator
• Be able to operate the application equipment
• Know how to carry out post-operational procedures
Candidates must successfully achieve all assessment activities in their chosen unit to be awarded this qualification.
Please note that candidates will need to either take this module alongside the City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides (PA1) or to have already achieved the PA1 unit.